First of all, I am very sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while. College was incredibly stressful due to papers, assignments, readings and exams. This also caused a small reading slump. Luckily, these are all over and I can start enjoying summer. Summer is for me a time where I can read an enormous amount of books. This summer I am also planning on participating in different read-a-thons.
The first read-a-thon I am going to do is the TBRTakeDown 4.0 hosted by @leaninglights. This read-a-thon has 5 challenges and I want to complete them all. Unfortunately, this takes place from 20 to 26 June and I have to work most of that week. I will try anyway, so fingers crossed that I will succeed.
- TBR over a year
- For this challenge, I want to read Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. This book is on my TBR list on Goodreads since 4 January 2015. So, it is about time I read it.
- A Sequel
- Here, I want to read The Heir by Keira Cass. I have read the Selection trilogy, but then I stopped with the sequels. Later this summer, I will also read The Crown to finish the whole series.
- The first book in a series
- This is a tricky one because I ordered the Hunger Games boxset and I want to read the first book for this. One problem, I am not sure if it will arrive on time. Else, I will have to find another book, but I am staying positive.
- Out of comfort zone
- Last time when I was in the library, I got a book about a man who went offline for a year. As communication and media student I found this interesting, I only have to read it. It is nonfiction and I am not sure if I will like it. The book is small and thus, perfect for this read-a-thon.
- Most recent book haul
- Like I said before I am planning to read the Hunger Games trilogy. I don’t know how far I will come, but we will see.
I hope to stay more active during the summer as I have more time to read and write.