As you might know, I am facing a terrible reading slump. I do not seem to get out of it. So, I found some tips on how to beat a reading slump. Maybe if I write them down I will actually follow those tips and defeat this slump.
- Join a book club, or read along with a book of the month pick. For example, the Booksplosion book club, the Perustopia book club, and in the Netherlands, we have the Bored to Death Book Club.
- Bring a book with you all the time. I have an e-reader so that is easy to carry. Also, I have an account on Storytel, where you can listen to audiobooks
- Plan in time for reading. Here is where I struggle because I feel like I do not have time to read. I have so many things to do for school and work.
- Re-read a favourite book or read a new book from one of your favourite authors. I already did this by re-reading the first two installments of Harry Potter.
- Read a short book, so that you will experience finishing a book again after some time of not reading at all.
- Lastly, find inspiration on blogs and YouTube channels. This can have a negative consequence because I want to read all the books. This makes me feel a bit overwhelmed which does not help my reading slump at all.